The Surgery Center at Orthopedic Associates, the premier outpatient ambulatory surgery center in the Mid-Hudson Valley is recruiting for a Practice Clinical Administrator. The Practice Clinical Administrator plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the activities for the clinical operations of the center.
Education: RN –BSN required.
- Current New York State Registered Nursing License.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification.
- CNOR certification preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years nursing management experience, preferably in an operating room setting.
- Must have PreOp/PACU and/or OR experience.
- Experience obtaining and maintaining Medicare certification through AAAHC or JCAHO.
Strong knowledge of state, regulatory, CMS, and accrediting requirements is required.
Budget and Financial Performance
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and physicians.
Quality Management / Patient Satisfaction
- Budget development and monitoring as they relate to the ASC.
- Meet or exceed budgetary and financial goals.
Monitor and maintain the performance practice standards, and works with the physicians and staff to assure that defined targets standards for access, productivity, customer service and other business performance standards are met. Responds to customer complaints and concerns about the ASC, communicate those concerns to the Board of Directors when trends are identified, and implement appropriate actions to convert them into new policies and procedures. Assure that the activities within the ASC are in compliance with local, state and federal regulatory requirements. Maintain a comprehensive QAPI Program. Maintain a comprehensive Infection Control Program.Skills
Ability to be self- directed; demonstrating accountability and professionalism. • Ability to problem solve and apply solid business decisions • Ability to set priorities and adeptly handle demands of the role, including multiple and shifting priorities • Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency. • Promotes an attitude of teamwork. • Ability to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, external customers, etc. • Financial, analytical and marketing skills. • Presentation skills, Computer & Project Management.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Our employees are critical to our success and we value their contributions. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that values employee ideas and diversity.
- Develops proper clinical procedures that ensure patient safety, comfort, and quality.
- Develops appropriate admission and discharge procedures and assures that pre-admission criteria are appropriately met.
- Researches and prepares cost reduction proposals and implements them as applicable.
- Evaluates ongoing patient care and reports significant patient problems to appropriate team members.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure personnel policy development and communication to staff to achieve consistency in labor and employee relations.
- Serves as resource and role model for staff.
- Plans, evaluates, recommends and implements new initiatives when appropriate.
- Selects and hires employees according to established guidelines. Monitors, coaches, develop and evaluate performance of staff on an ongoing basis in accordance with applicable performance standards.
- Assures compliance with all ASC policies and procedures and governmental regulations pertaining to:
- Controlled substances.
- Infection control.
- Patient confidentiality.
- CPR, ACLS, safety and risk management in collaboration with Safety Officer and HR.
- Quality improvement and quality assurance.
- Emergency codes and evacuation
- Professional licensure
- DOH, Medicare, AAAHC and all other voluntary and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, employees, team leaders, and physicians.
- Assists with the development of patient education material.
- Supports and promotes a positive image of ASC when dealing with patients and others inside and outside the organization.
- Monitors patient service feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and service issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please visit our website at www.orthoadc.com.
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org